Monday 22 July 2013

Art of Mentoring

Blessings of community,
and the first falls prey to the land.

Why am I here?
Surrender to intention
Belong to the future
Expand to limitations
Open up to knowledge of self
Awaken ancestral wisdom,
from the unknown, unnamed place.

A burst of change to maintain our aliveness.

Learn to talk to trees,
and never forget how.
Meet yourself and learn to be alone.
Wait for things,
until you become present and peaceful.

Always leave a trail.

Hold time in your hand,
be the steward of yourself.

Find fantasy in the land,
and in your imagination.
Ignite passion with curiosity.
Cultivate aliveness to make peace in the world,
and your inner self.

Dragon bark and tree splinters nestle,
in myriad of bird green and water song.
 
The brave explore barefoot;
I do not.
I am neither barefoot, nor brave
 – yet.

I lay entranced by breeze and babble,
And footsteps of invisible ancestors.

And I ask;
Why am I here?

(c) Caren Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment